current weather for West Bakersfield, california

Monday, May 30, 2016

This week was interesting, to say the least...

The Berksire Sisters and the Oaks Sisters
May 2016
Bakersfield, CA
We went on exchanges with the Oaks Sisters and it was awesome! Sister Faamoe is from Samoa and has only been on her mission 2 months! So, because of that, her English skills aren't the best (yet!). She has such an excitement for the work though, it's impossible to not get pumped up when you’re around her!!! 


The Berksire Sisters and
the Oaks Sisters

May 2016
Bakersfield, CA
We were able to visit with several less actives this week that we hadn't really seen before! This one texted US and asked to feed us dinner. She has a son in the Army and she is just about the funniest person ever! And her dog is up there with my favorite animals on the planet. She went through a hard time and shut out the church and others for a while, but she has a really strong desire to come back.

Not only her, but we met with the N. family as well! We were able to talk with the dad about his conversion to the gospel. His wife at the time said it's either her or the gospel, so she left him on June 4th and he got baptized on June 6th. He said he's never looked back, he was able to baptize his new wife and they've been happy ever since! We shared Helaman 5:12 with them and testified of how when we build our foundation on CHRIST, the rest falls into place. It was one of the most spiritual experiences ever! One thing I love about this church is that everyone is family here, and even if you've only met them for an hour, you KNOW you’re all children of our Father. And I get to serve them all FULL TIME as a representative of Jesus Christ!

     Helaman 5:12  And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon 
     the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must 
     build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty 
     winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his 
     mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to 
     drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the 
     rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation 
     whereon if men build they cannot fall.

O. and F., the cute kids that got baptized a few months ago, got to see their FATHER get baptized as well! He only speaks Spanish but they're now working towards getting sealed in the temple in a year!  MY HEART IS SO FULL ITS CRAZY!! We taught them about temples and Family History work and the same excitement from when they got baptized came back! BAPTISM IS JUST THE BEGINNING, JUST THE START!!! Wow, this church is so true. I can never be the same after seeing their lives change

Also, I got a call on Friday at 4 pm telling me I’ll be giving a 20 MINUTE TALK on Sunday. So that was crazy, but it was on missionary work, so it all worked out ;)  Also, we had to go the west side of town 3 times...

The FIRST time was because our brakes needed to be fixed. We were able to go on a mini exchange with my TRAINER in my OLD AREA because they were near each other! IT WAS SO FUN! But strange. I feel like I never left good ole' Snow (my last area).... But we accidentally took their phone with us all the way back to the 'shire. So we had to drive BACK to return it. Then we had to get our oil changed today so we WENT BACK AGAIN. I think I’m cursed with cars. Actually, I KNOW I am.... maybe someday...

Anyways, this gospel is true, the book is blue, read it too! I think. I can’t remember how that rhyme goes, but I LOVE YOUUU!  

No comments:

Post a Comment