current weather for West Bakersfield, california

Monday, October 26, 2015

October 26, 2015

I don't have too much time to write, but this week has been FULL of miracles!

We had Zone Conference in Ridgecrest and it was AMAZING! President is such an inspired man, we focused a lot on teaching simply and focusing on the Atonement and how it CHANGES LIVES! And of course..... BEING BOLD! That was our focus when we went on exchanged with the Sister Training Leaders (STL's)! Teaching right there, not taking no for an answer, talking to everyone and being super persistent! And let me tell you, the Lord blesses us when we give Him our all! We picked up 4 new investigators this week and all because we wouldn't leave until they heard this message! 


Sisters Wheeler and King (in the middle), flanked by
the Sister Training Leaders
October, 2015

I won't go into details about all the lessons, but I WILL talk about Michelle, the sister of a recent convert. She has had an extremely hard life and is a single mother of 4 children. We taught her the restoration and I've never felt the spirit that strongly before! She cried when we recited the first vision, she talked about her desire to draw closer to the Lord and her brother testified of all the blessings this gospel can bring into their lives! She has the strongest desire to be baptized and to be better! We've stopped by her place a few times to give her some scriptures to read and she looks at them like they're pure gold, what love for the word of God! There is so much I can learn from her. 

We found a lot of solid people to teach and have been seeing the Lord work through our efforts. Sister Wheeler is a superstar, she is such an amazing missionary and person! We're loving it here in Bishop! 

We've been focusing on prayer this week and what we can do to make them better. We found a scripture, Alma 32:9, and I just felt the spirit slap me across the face. WHAT ARE YOU DOING SISTER KING, WHY AREN'T YOU PRAYING MORE AND GIVING HIM YOUR ALL! needless to say, i will NOT be taking advantage of the gift of prayer any more!

We also had the chance to be chased out of a neighborhood and blatantly ignored! It builds character ;)

The package you was awesome! i already told you about it in another email though, but it was everything i needed, thank you!!

My driving is gradually improving! I still get lost sometimes but not too badly, just missing turns I need. We played a game, how many times will Sister King make a u-turn today?

We try to stay under 1,500 miles a month.  ZTM is in Lone Pine, 55 miles away. We have zone conference every other transfer in Ridgecrest, so we went down there twice this month, its like 130 something miles one way, so that kinda killed our miles. 

I LOVE training, but mostly because I don't need to train her too much since she's already a freaking fantastic missionary! She's super weird like me, we always quote Spongebob and memes and whatnot. She's really nice too, she's just amazing


I am planning on being in Bishop in the holidays, yes! But Elder Vakalahi will probably leave next transfer.

I hope you all have an amazing week! I love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment