current weather for West Bakersfield, california

Monday, October 5, 2015

October 5, 2015

October 5, 2015

Mammoth was interesting today, see the pictures below. October sure is proving to be wonderful.

So I guess this week was all right, it's not like we got to hear FROM THE PROPHETS OF THE LORD OR ANYTHING! ;)  I wish I could put into words how incredible General Conference was and the amazing spirit that I felt the entire time! Especially when the NEW APOSTLES bore their testimonies, I felt as though the spirit rolled over me with a bulldozer, God has given us men on the earth today to let us know exactly what we need to hear for out day and age and they are the most selfless, wisest people out there. I am so incredibly grateful for modern day revelation and for the confirmation that the Lord knows us each individually which, I felt like those talks were just meant for me!

The biggest lesson I learned this past weekend was to appreciate the beauty of the simplicity of the gospel of Jesus Christ and his church! By simply following and making covenants with Him, we can be cleansed from sin and doubt and worry and fear, his yoke is easy and his burden is light! Why over complicate what was meant to be pure and clear to begin with? Heavenly Father made the steps to return to Him straightforward for a REASON. And the blessing of having the Holy Ghost as a constant companion has just, wow, how do I even explain? Changed my life, made me happy, made me better, helped me come to know my savior and my Father, made me who I am. Although I am fully aware of my weaknesses and shortcomings, I know that through the Atonement of Christ, those can be made strong, and I know that He cares so immensely about me. 

Every talk was just earth shattering, but I was struck most by Elder Rasband's testimony. 

"If I could leave one small message with you today, it would be this: the Lord has said, “Love one another; as I have loved you” (John 13:34). I’m confident that there is no choice, sin, or mistake that you or anyone else can make that will change His love for you or for them. That does not mean He excuses or condones sinful conduct—I’m sure He does not—but it does mean we are to reach out to our fellowman in love to invite, persuade, serve, and to rescue. Jesus Christ looked past people’s ethnicity, rank, and circumstances in order to teach them this profound truth."

This is what we aim for as missionaries, to see others as Christ does so that we can love and help them as he does. I am eternally grateful for the support I have from Him and from those whom he has blessed me with in my life. I love this gospel more than I can say.

You can read / watch / listen to conference here: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2015/10?lang=eng

As for the work, it was a little slower this week but we saw the Lord's hand guide us to people who needed our service and love. Plus we found a few families who were interested in learning more. The spirit is so strong here. I hope others can feel it as strong and as often as I am! I love you all!

I don’t mean to brag but I made fried rice with pineapple that almost made Sister Liebelt cry it was so good.

Transfers are 2 weeks FROM TOMORROW which means I’ll have been in the field for 3 MONTHS, WHAT THE HECK!!!

We hiked Mammoth Mountain today and it was like a blizzard, snow everywhere and we couldn’t see beyond 10 feet because of all the fog. Here are some pictures from our outing. It’s been in the 90’s in Bishop, but a blizzard up in Mammoth.


Sister King, Sister Liebelt
Mammoth Mountain
October 5, 2015

The District!
Mammoth Mountain
October 5, 2015

Sister King's Frozen Hair
Mammoth Mountain
October 5, 2015

Sister King, Sister Liebelt
Mammoth Mountain
October 5, 2015
Brrr, Blizzard at
Mammoth Mountain
October 5, 2015


Sister King


No comments:

Post a Comment