current weather for West Bakersfield, california

Monday, October 12, 2015

October 12, 2015

The Lord thought it was time for some changes...

So we're minding our own business, planning for the upcoming week when we get a text from President Wilson asking Sister Liebelt to call him. We both immediately think someone's dead or whatnot so she goes into the other room and calls him since he requested it be in private. She pops out a few minutes later and I feel as though I'm about to throw up, when she tells me she’s GOING TO PALMDALE! The only transfer calls that are made on Thursday are for Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders, but President requested that she "not tell me of her new calling." Hmmm, I wonder what it is? I'm SO EXCITED FOR HER! She's going to be amazing! But manly tears were shed at her loss. We're best friends and I'm going to miss her more than I can say, I'm so grateful for the chance I had to be trained by her! And speaking of training...

THOSE calls come on Fridays, and the rest of the transfer calls come on Saturday. We go about Friday as if it were any other and at the end of the day we're both chilling on the couch before bed at 10 (!!) o'clock at night when the phone rings. I don't check to see who it is and Liebelt answers it. I hear a young man's voice on speaker and immediately I know it’s the Assistant's to the President. Aaaaand, I've been called to train a brand new missionary AS a brand new one! I couldn't move for a few minutes, I'm still in shock and I have no idea how I'm supposed to be senior companion to a greenie (a brand-new missionary) when I'M still a greenie, but I know that through God all things are possible! And they assured me that this call came from the Lord through president. Not only that, but Elder Vakalahi is training as well! We'll have 2 brand new missionaries in Bishop Ward and all of us have been out for fewer than 8 months! WHAAT?! The greenie fire is real. 

This weekend has consisted of saying goodbye to the ward and packing up. But we had a really cool experience with our new investigator, Travis! We went to the house of a potential we found, Ronnie, but he wasn't home. Travis is his brother-in-law so we started teaching him about the restoration. He said that he's seriously been considering being baptized but didn't know how to go about it, didn't know what it is. And then we show up with that answer! How grateful I am for that promise we can make with our Heavenly Father to always follow him, and I'm even more grateful for the blessing of the Holy Ghost as a CONSTANT companion if we do so! I wish I could adequately express how this gospel has blessed my life, but it suffices me to say that I couldn't be happy without it! 

We spent an hour looking for the elder's keys since they lost them, so we counted that as service! This one woman opened to door, told us off and to get out of her life, then spat at us, but her aim was way off, ha ha, she missed. We met a dude walking a dog in full cowboy attire by the high school, with a Native American jacket that had a ton of tassels. He related his Christianity to Latin, Roman, and Greek nonsense, he was super nice.

We also found a ton of really cool potentials this week, and Liebelt is sad she won’t have a chance to teach them. We've been meeting with Carol, the investigator whose dog attacked me, and she's been really opening up! She's starting to read the Book of Mormon and is understanding more about where it came from and why the Lord blessed us with it in these days. My testimony in it has strengthened immensely after helping others develop one of their own. And the only way to get one is to READ it! I can't tell you how many people have concerns or questions after never having picked it up! The Lord blesses us with knowledge and testimony AFTER we begin to show Him we're willing to put in an effort. I've seen it change my life and the lives of those I love and I know that it truly is the word of God and that Joseph Smith was a prophet! How grateful I am to have been blessed with this knowledge of the gospel in my life, and how lucky I am to share it with others!

It's been in the 90s this week even though it snowed last week. And I'm now in charge of driving, so prayers for our safety would be appreciated! 

I'll find out the name of my new companion when I meet her at transfer meeting. It's humbling to have to teach and lead since I've only been out 3 months and they'll be brand new. We go down to Ridgecrest, stay the night, then go to Bakersfield for the transfer meeting, pick up my new companion, and then all the way back up to Bishop, it takes an entire day.

I love Halloween; it is such a wonderful time to be alive.

Love

Sister Allie King

Tuesday Night Fellowshipping though Basketball

Sister King, Sister Liebelt, and the Romero Family

Sister King, Sister Liebelt, Sister McLaughlin,
and the Romero Family




No comments:

Post a Comment