current weather for West Bakersfield, california

Monday, December 5, 2016

December 5, 2017

I know what everyone’s thinking, "it's been WAY too long since Sister King has had car troubles." Well, no need to fear, THEY HAVE COME!! our turbo charger broke and I won’t account to you all the terrible noises and shakes the car made while driving it for a day before we could take it to the shop.... and it took 3 times to start every time we got it. BUT, we got to borrow a 2017 Malibu for the week! Salt Lake just bought them for the mission, and we weren’t allowed to drive it but they gave it to us anyways. No pressure or anything!!

We met with B a few times this week. We had to push her date back to late in December because she isn’t super ready to be baptized yet. Keep her in your prayers! We taught her and her family and the Plan of Salvation and the Atonement this week. K, her mom who just got baptized, never ceases to amaze us! She set goals for scripture study and prayer, both individually and as a family. She shares her testimony all the time about how the normal stresses and anxieties she felt before have subsided. She’s a great example to me about the importance of making sure I stay rooted in the gospel. Even a few days without meaningful prayer and scripture study will set us back. I am soo grateful for how easy and simple God made it for us to have the spirit in our life!

We were able to visit with a lot of less actives this week that we normally don’t have much contact with! This includes a man who left the church a while back but wants to return and wants his wife to take the discussions!! 

K is still doing great! This week SHE taught US a lesson!! It was for personal progress; she wants to finish before she gets baptized and turns 18 in June! We all cried when she bore her testimony about the Savior. She told us how she knows the importance of living a righteous life and of staying strong and following God to the end. The lesson was on prayer and she taught with the SPIRIT! She’s going to be an incredible missionary someday!!

I got to go to the Temple this week with the departing missionaries and I forgot how much closer to God I feel in His house and how the Spirit SO STRONG after I leave! It was a strong testimony builder for me about what this life is all about. It’s about living in such a way where we can feel comfortable in the temple, God’s house, so that we can feel comfortable in His presence someday. I love how close I feel to Him and for how much strength I’m given through the atonement

QUICKLY, I want to share a quote I found with you all! It applies to me going home from my mission soon and how I can continue to be converted to God, but it also applies to all of us as we go through the natural highs and lows of our testimony.
It's but Elder Cook and reads: “It is not always convenient to live gospel standards and stand up for truth and testify of the Restoration. It usually is not convenient to share the gospel with others. It isn’t always convenient to respond to a calling in the Church, especially one that stretches our abilities. Opportunities to serve others in meaningful ways, as we have covenanted to do, rarely come at convenient times. But there is no spiritual power in living by convenience. The power comes as we keep our covenants.”

I know that Satan is making it harder to live the gospel for a reason! He knows the blessings that can come into our lives through diligent service and study and he wants us to feel as far from our Father as he can. I know that it isn’t easy, but it IS worth it! I know that God is there to help us with our questions and trials.

Gotta go, but I love you and will talk to you soon!


Sister Liebelt, who was Sister King's trainer at the beginning
of her mission 17 months ago, came back for a visit.
Liebelt, King, Hayes
Bakersfield, CA, December 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment