current weather for West Bakersfield, california

Monday, December 12, 2016

December 12, 2017

Sister King, Sister Hayes,
Bakersfield, CA, December 2016
This week has been the perfect fall weather!! Pretty leaves on the trees, 60s and 70s, cloudy and overcast. It’s a shame it’s actually halfway through December :D

This week was strange. Poor Sister Hayes got the stomach flu so we had to stay in for a good chunk of it :( BUT, we still saw miracles, so life is grand!

We were able to see B a few times. She’s opening up a lot more and she’s better at keeping commitments and following through, including baptism, which is awesome :D 

K is having a rough time, so extra prayers for her would be great! She’s still doing well, has applied to BYU and whatnot :D She is an incredible person and I just hope I can be half the person she is someday!

So, not much else happened other than TRANSFER CALLS! So....... I’m sort of leaving. Sister Holmstead (who came out with me and will be going home with me) and I will be together and we don’t have an assigned area. We'll be going to church in Berkshire (my old area) but other than that will be working all over Bakersfield! All I know is that we'll be "finding people in areas that are struggling" but other than that it is all up in the air!! So be prepared for ALL THE INSANITY THAT WILL ENSUE!! Legit, it is going to be crazy, I’m so excited!! 
Sister King, Sister Hayes,
Bakersfield, CA, December 2016

So as part of the Light the World campaign, this video got released and it is AWESOME!! Read the background of how it was written, but it’s just a simple prayer that is sung.


I have really learned the importance of prayer on my mission and the power that can come from it. I love how prayer enables us to know God’s will, to feel of His love, to gain peace and forgiveness through our Savior. The whole restoration and miracles that followed came from a simple scripture and a prayer that followed. "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally,and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." I have been able to develop a closer relationship with Heavenly Father and there is nothing that can be more beneficial to us in this life than knowing our God personally and fully. I love Him and this gospel so much, sorry it's so short, I’ll write more next week :D I LOVE YOU!

 
Sister King, Sister Hayes,
Bakersfield, CA, December 2016
Sister King, Sister Hayes,
Bakersfield, CA, December 2016



Way back at the beginning of their missions
July, 2015, at the MTC in Provo, Utah
Sister King (far left) and Sister Holmstead (3rd from left in the
blue and white dress) started their missions together in
the same district, and will now finish their missions
together as companions, and go home together

No comments:

Post a Comment